Layers of components OmniStudio offers
- Digital Experience
- Service Management
- Developer Experience
The Digital Experience Layer
The Digital Experience layer includes two primary user interface (UI) components.
- OmniStudio FlexCards: Cards that display contextual information and actions in an at-a-glance format for customer account data
- An OmniStudio Interaction Console shows a holistic view of a customer’s account and information. FlexCards are components of these 360° views. The console itself is a Salesforce Lightning Console.
- OmniScripts: A guided path to complete a business process
These declarative tools provide rich user interaction experiences that are easily understandable. They’re built on Salesforce Lightning web components (LWC), which run inside Salesforce and improve UI performance.
The Service Management Layer
The Service Management layer includes data services that read, write, transform, calculate, and track data within and outside of Salesforce.
- OmniStudio DataRaptors: Configurable services for retrieving, transforming, and updating data. There are four types of DataRaptor: Turbo Extract, Extract, Load, and Transform. Here are some guidelines for determining which DataRaptor to use.
- OmniStudio Integration Procedures: Declarative, server-side processes that execute multiple actions in a single server call
DataRaptors and Integration Procedures deliver data to and from UI components. They orchestrate calls to Apex classes, calculation engines, and external application programming interfaces (APIs) to execute whatever business logic is required by the process.
The Developer Experience Layer
The Developer Experience layer is an application lifecycle layer of tools for developers to manage and move OmniStudio component changes between environments. These developer tools are:
- IDX Build Tool: Command-line automation tool that packages and migrates OmniStudio Datapacks in a source-control-friendly format
- IDX Workbench: Desktop application that enables developers to migrate Datapacks and Salesforce metadata from one org to another or from an org to a Git repository
For in-depth information on each of the components, here are the relevant articles :
OmniStudio Consultant Trailmix